SEAMUS IS NOW HIRING
Posted on Friday, March 23 2018 03:16:00 PM in News by Theresa Meireis
We are seeking a motivated, positive energy, task-oriented and details driven team member to join our company on a FULL TIME basis as a production associate focusing on cutting and order organization. The correct applicant will receive compensation commensurate with experience and market, paid at an hourly rate. SEAMUS is a quickly growing brand, one of the fastest growing companies in Oregon, and we are seeking an individual that can grow with us.
Seamus Golf is proud to be the first Oregon based woolen golf accessories brand where each product is carefully designed, cut, sewn, and packaged by hand for each individual golfer. Only the finest and most elegant 100% woolen fabrics are selected from local mills in the Pacific Northwest as well as distinguished mills from the United Kingdom to create the shell of our headcovers and other accessories.
Position Type: Entry Level, Full Time
Skills Used on a Daily Basis:
- Read and correspond in English, and utilize basic math skills.
- Be able to interpret information from a sales order to production set up.
- Physically cutting materials on a daily basis while maintaining high quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Gmail (browser)
- Positive upbeat can do attitude on a daily basis, including in stressful situations.
- Problem Solver and must be able to multi-task.
- Be able to function as an individual on a team.
- Must pay attention to details, but be able to see the larger picture in those details.
- Ability to make effective decisions based on options presented.
- Willingness to work as a team member on a small team.
- Once direct responsibilities are finished each day, proactively identify areas that need assistance in other departments.
- Willingness to participate in activities not necessarily in job description, but that meets daily changing needs of office.
- Provide customer service in a pleasant, direct, and up-beat manner.
- Be able to find the answers to customer questions and accurately direct inquiries if needed.
- High School Diploma, or GED completion
- Some College experience is preferred, but not required for the right candidate.
- Experience working in other positions for at least 2 years, and consecutively at one position for at least 6 months.
- Experience shipping with USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL is helpful but not a requirement. We will train the right applicant.
- Consistantly cutting fabrics with sharp rotary blade/ straight edge and scissors, while handling instruments in a safe and responsible manner.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves standing for a majority of the day, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
- The dexterity to tie small ties, visibly see small details and discern between thread and fabric, and the ability to determine colors accurately is very important and crucial to the success of this position.
- Communication in English is integral to this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Hours are firmly set at 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with a half hour unpaid lunch.
For position consideration, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter (pdf format is preferred) to: [email protected]